The abbey was originally founded at Little Bindon which was near West Lulworth in 1149. 23 years later it was moved to a new site close to the village of Wool. The land being provided by Roger de Newburgh and his wife Matilda.
The abbey was dissolved in 1539, with stones from the abbey being used in building projects like Sandsfoot Castle in Weymouth.
Click on thumbnails for description and bigger pictures.