Tourist Information Centre
The Tempest Stone reads: 'Esplanade destroyed by a tempest November 23rd 1824'. The Portland Stone tablet erected on the TIC wall is an exact replica of the original which was situated on the Esplanade south of where it is now. It was donated in 1998 by the Weymouth Hotels and Catering Association.
Click on picture to go to next photo. © 2006.