Consequently i was curious to learn of perfections therapy an essay on albrecht durers melencolia i by mitchell b merback its dissection of an artwork ive long admired durer 1471 1528 was a master of the woodcut collected by willi kurth in a great book from dover publications. Melencolia thus emerges as a key reference point in a project of spiritual ethical therapy a work designed to exercise the mind rebalance the passions remedy the soul and help in getting on with the project of perfection. Perfections therapy takes a new approach to a very canonical image perhaps the most heavily discussed image in european art the engraving melencolia i by albrecht drer. In his new book perfections therapy an essay on albrecht drers melencolia i art historian mitchell b merback claims that this search for a single and totalizing interpretation of the
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.