In slang phrase gin up enliven make more exciting 1887 probably from earlier ginger up in same sense 1849 from ginger in sense of spice pizzazz specifically in reference to the treatment described in the 1811 slang dictionary under the entry for feague. Define gin gin synonyms gin pronunciation gin translation english dictionary definition of gin n a strong colorless alcoholic beverage made by distilling or redistilling rye or other grain spirits and adding juniper berries and sometimes other. First known use of gin verb 1 13th century in the meaning defined above noun 1 13th century in the meaning defined above verb 2 1583 in the meaning defined at sense 1 conjunction. Gin definition 1 a clear strong alcoholic drink flavoured with juniper berries small fruits 2 a type of colorless strong alcoholic drink learn more
How it works:
1. Register a Free 1 month Trial Account.
2. Download as many books as you like ( Personal use )
3. No Commitment. Cancel anytime.
4. Join Over 100.000 Happy Readers.
5. That's it. What you waiting for? Sign Up and Get Your Books.