The Almshouse of SS John
The almshouse was founded by royal licence in 1437 and completed in 1448. The original building on the street side has the chapel and hall; those to the north, including the cloisters, were added in 1864 in an attractive neo-gothic style. It is still an Almhouse and the chapel is open on summer afternoons.
Click on the thumbnails for bigger pictures and descriptions.